Commercial Carpet Cleaning Benefits
Stained carpets can give even the most well-maintained businesses a dirty reputation.
Many carpets are designed to camouflage dirt, especially carpet intended for commercial areas and businesses. Because these same carpets see so much traffic, they can get pretty dingy and rough-looking over time. A poorly maintained carpet can actually hurt your business, so frequent carpet cleaning is a good investment. A carpet that isn’t well cared-for will need to be replaced sooner than one that receives regular cleanings and maintenance, costing you a lot more money in the long run!
- If you own a commercial building space, keeping your carpets in good repair can cut down on customer complaints and liability from any trips and falls.
- Clean carpeting and flooring are part of the good image of your business: clients will be more comfortable with you, and your employees will feel more positive about their work environment. A happy worker is much more productive!
- A clean carpet also reduces illness-causing biological contaminants such as bacteria, mold and viruses that can negatively affect your clients and work staff. This will be especially important during cold and flu season.
Having your commercial carpets cleaned regularly should be part of your business maintenance program.
Consider these points when deciding what an appropriate cleaning schedule should be:
- Color, nap and pile, type, and density of your carpet: a higher-quality carpet will probably be able to go longer without cleaning, for example, and hold up better over time.
- Foot traffic in your place of business: this aspect is going to change based on seasons and weather. A busy workplace is great, but it comes with its own set of challenges.
- The type of your commercial space: if you own a business that uses heavy machinery, you will need to have a much heavier cleaning schedule.
- The type of business you conduct: a veterinary office, daycare or restaurant is going to need more attention than an attorney’s office, for example. If you are a business related to the medical field, your needs may be very specific based on the area of medicine you are associated with.
Our team at SERVPRO of North Richland & Ashland Counties are trained experts when it comes to helping with all your commercial cleaning needs. If dingy, dirty carpets are a problem in your commercial property call us today at (419) 526-2701.
Staying Safe During a Thunderstorm or Flood
The aftermath of a severe thunderstorm in North Central Ohio; this house was all but destroyed by a tree that was knocked over during a storm.
April showers might bring May flowers, but North Central Ohio’s indecisive weather can often bring major water damage into your residential or commercial property. As we transition from spring to summer climates, there are a few different weather-related risks that could cause serious damage to your home or business.
Thunderstorms can occur anywhere at any time of the day, however they are most likely to happen in the afternoon during the spring and summer months. These storms are created by cumulonimbus clouds, and can produce extreme winds, lightning, and hail. Lightning can be very dangerous as well; in fact, more people are killed by lightning every year than they are by tornadoes.
When a thunderstorm is predicted in your area, there are some precautions you can take.
- If you can hear the thunder produced by the storm from your residence or business, you are close enough to be in danger from lightning.
- Keep an eye out for storm signs such as quickly darkening skies, flashes of lightning or increasing winds.
- Postpone any outdoor activities, and avoid driving in storm conditions.
- Find shelter immediately, in the basement of your residence or business if possible, closing all windows and doors securely.
- If you are driving when the storm hits, pull over and take shelter in your car immediately.
- Refrain from bathing, showering, using plumbing, or swimming during storm conditions.
- Ensure that storm drains near your property are kept unobstructed.
- Keep trees around your property trimmed; a severe thunderstorm might cause and straggling branches to break and damage your residence or business.
Spring and early summer is the prime time for flooding. As the seasons change, heavy spring rains can overwhelm rivers and streams and cause flooding. When water rises rapidly along a stream or low-lying area, catastrophic flash flood may occur. It is good to be prepared and have a solid evacuation plan for your family or employees when a flood or flash flood warning is issued.
Some basic flood safety steps include:
- Avoid flood waters at all cost. Just six inches of rapidly moving water can sweep you off of your feet.
- If you encounter a flooded road while driving, turn the car around and go another way. Most cars can be swept away by less than two feet of moving water.
- Gather your family or employees, some emergency supplies, and any important belongings and evacuate to higher ground as soon as possible.
- Store your most important items such as photo albums, family heirlooms, and business documents in tightly-sealed plastic containers to ensure that they are well protected from floodwaters. As well consider storing valuables in the attic rather than the basement.
The key when it comes to thunderstorms and floods is to make sure that you have a safety plan in place. Ensure that your family members or employees know to take shelter in the basement during a thunderstorm or to retreat to the highest level of your property during a flood. It is advisable to keep a supply of food, water, flashlights and batteries, and a first aid kit in the case of any emergency.
SERVPRO of North Richland & Ashland Counties is dedicated to taking quality care of restoring your home or business after the inclement weather, so that the health and safety of your family and employees can be your main concern when a flood or thunderstorm hits.
Be Prepared When Disaster Strikes
Both commercial and residential clients can take advantage of our expertise in preventing and preparing for a fire damage event. The aftermath of even a minor fire is stressful, and you as a homeowner are rarely experienced in the practical and emotional ramifications of such an event. We have built a rich knowledge base over the years of restoring fire damaged dwellings for other members of our community. Make use of our familiarity, training, and skills, and ready yourself for a problem you and we both hope you never encounter.
The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan encourages you to take stock of your situation before a disaster happens. We help you assess your property and work out many of the logistics we need to master to deliver fast and efficient fire damage restoration if a blaze occurs. You assist us and also improve the odds of a successful fire restoration effort by creating a layout of your property, identifying the location of utility shutoffs, and clarifying a chain of command should you be unable to respond yourself.
You can designate another person to act on your behalf in the plan, helpful if you are injured or out of the area when the fire crisis occurs. This precaution is if you spend any time traveling or just as insurance if you think it possible you may have an issue with clarity of thought after a fire damages your property. Making decisions ahead of time helps SERVPRO follow a well-thought out plan rather than waiting for your instructions after a frightening event like a fire makes it hard for you to respond.
SERVPRO of North Richland & Ashland Counties wants to be certain our efforts always lead to the outcome you desire. Give us a call at (419) 526-2701 to schedule an assessment that will help us collaborate on an Emergency Ready Plan to protect and restore your property.
Grill Fire Danger and How to Prevent It
This grill was destroyed after it's flames were left unattended; the damage done to homes by a grill fire could be even more devastating.
As summer begins and holidays like the Fourth of July approach, families and friends will be gathering for outdoor celebrations, cookouts, and barbecues. However, these fun summer activities can soon lead to disaster when grills and bonfires are left unattended. According to the United States Fire Administration (USFA), more than 5,000 grill fires occur on residential properties each year, and outside fire pits and bonfires caused nearly 3,700 grass and brush fires in 2016.
It is important to make safety a priority when it comes to hosting family cookouts and other events this summer. You can avoid a fire-related accident with these six safety tips:
- Ensure that your grill is on a flat surface, kept clear from overhanging branches and away from flammable materials
- Keep your grill a safe distance away from where people will be playing games, walking or sitting
- Use long-handled grilling tools to give plenty of space between you and the flames
- Pick your fire pit spot wisely and make sure the weather conditions are appropriate for a fire
- Build the fire at least 15 feet away from trees, shrubs or flammable materials
- Always make sure to completely extinguish the fire when you are done by letting it burn down to ashes, pouring water over the embers and stirring everything in the pit
Controlling Water Damage
Residential water damage can be the result of sudden flash flooding, heavy rain, a burst water main, or a malfunction in your sewer system. Whatever the ultimate cause may be, the result will be a soggy, dangerous mess that must be correctly addressed and controlled immediately. If your home has been affected by residential water damage in Mansfield, Ohio, take charge of the situation now. You can get your emergency solved in a prompt and timely manner by a skilled and qualified local restoration service.
Perhaps the quickest and most efficient way to deal to contact a locally owned cleanup and restoration service that is fully equipped and qualified to deal with the situation. You'll need to be able to trust this service with your property, but it would also be nice to feel that they will treat your building as part of their own community.
Contact Us for a Same-day Risk Assessment and Work Estimate
As soon as you contact us with the details concerning your emergency, we will arrive at your property for a full, same-day risk assessment and work estimate. We will examine every aspect of your property and find out what the extent of the damage is. Once we have established this, we will give you a complete estimate concerning the cost of the work that we will do for you. You are under absolutely no obligation unless you agree to let us do the work.
Even When the Water Is Gone, Mold Can Remain in Your Home
Even when all of the water has been removed from your home, you should know that dangers can remain behind. One of the worst and most pressing of these potential hazards is mold growth. Mold can hide in nooks and crannies all throughout your house and breed unnoticed until it takes over your entire property. This can lead to your property being condemned as unfit to live in and require more time and money to repair.
If mold growth is detected in your HVAC system or water filtration unit, the best way to deal with the problem is to root it out immediately. Our service team of skilled professionals can make sure all mold growth is destroyed and purify your air and water systems so that your family will not suffer any ill effects in the future. The faster this is done, the sooner your family can breathe freely without fearing further risks to their health.
Contact Us Today for More Information
SERVPRO of North Richland and Ashland County is a locally owned and operated cleanup and restoration service that is equipped to handle emergencies in Mansfield as well all surrounding areas. Call us at (419) 526-2701.
Reminder: Check Your Home Fire Alarms!
Great Advice from American Red Cross!
Did you know:
- Every day 7 people die in the United States due to a home fire
- You have two minutes- that 120 seconds – to escape a home fire
- On an annual average, the Ohio Buckeye Region of the Red Cross responds to over 3 home fires per day in our 45 counties!
The American Red Cross cares about your safety and encourages you to test your smoke alarms and replace your batteries as needed. This is a lifesaving action of our Home Fire Preparedness Campaign, which rallies communities across the country to protest people from these every day disasters.
Home Fires are the most significant disaster our Ohio Buckeye Region faces. We encourage you to TURN and TEST!
Take the extra moment needed to check those Fire Alarms.
SERVPRO Cleans and Deodorizes Offices
Keep your office fresh and clean with deodorization!
Cleaning is an important part of owning a business. Customers expect and employees expect for a company to ensure the building they shop and work in is clean and odor-free. However, many businesses only schedule cleaning the floors or trash removal on a regular basis. If you want your business to always look and smell its best, it's important that you plan deeper cleaning. SERVPRO of North Richland and Ashland County utilizes state-of-the-art deodorization techniques that guarantee a cleaner office.
Deodorization is a deep cleaning process that can eliminate odors in a building. This is a process that doesn't just get rid of the surface grime but makes sure that your building is clean in a way that typical processes can't match.
If you need deodorization services in Mansfield, you need to call SERVPRO. Our employees receive certification in the best cleaning and deodorizing techniques in the industry. Our equipment is designed to get your business clean. This makes for a more professional clean as well as a longer-lasting process.
Of course, SERVPRO brings with it more than just the right equipment for the job. When SERVPRO comes in, you'll know the job will get done correctly the first time, every time. This isn't just a cleaning company - SERVPRO cares about the work that it does.
If you want bad smells removed from your property, make sure that you always work with the professionals to complete major tasks such as this, as using the wrong chemicals or the wrong techniques might end up making your problem worse. SERVPRO is here to make sure the job is done correctly.
Call SERVPRO of North Richland and Ashland County at
SERVPRO is Faster To Any Storm Disaster
The worst part of a major storm is typically not the storm itself, but the ensuing days after it. If your home is unlucky enough to be impacted by flood damage in South Richland County, it can take weeks to dry out after the storm on its own, and even longer for you to restore the damage without professional help. This is the problem SERVPRO sets out to solve. We cut restoration times to the shortest intervals possible while maintaining effective and thorough treatment solutions, meaning our services are unprecedentedly timely and comprehensive.
Storms can cause a host of flood damage problem in North Richland and Ashland County,with entire blocks at a time sometimes becoming inundated with water during the worst storms. SERVPRO is always ready after major disasters to help, with a large stock of equipment and machines to best help residents in need. We offer full water removal solutions, including water extraction, assisted drying with air movers, and dehumidifiers. Once water has been cleared from the property, we can then begin work on restorations, applying our professional techniques and training to help save as many materials and belongings as possible from the costly tallies of full replacement. Restoring damaged materials almost always carries a lower cost than replacing them, so we evaluate each item separately to determine an appropriate treatment solution for it.
We also have the resources to deal with other types of damage simultaneously. Many homes suffer from fire, mold, and other types of damage in tandem with flooding, but our well-rounded portfolio of certifications and training techniques allow us to combat these with ease. Our service helps to ensure that other types of damage do not gain the upper hand in your home or go undetected.
SERVPRO of North Richland & Ashland Counties is a locally-owned franchise of a national company that provides professional water and flood damage removal and restoration services. Call us 24/7 at (419) 207-8449
Extension Cord Safety Tips
Overloading outlets and extension cords is a huge fire hazard!
If your home is anything like ours in Mansfield Ohio , you find yourself making use of extension cords. Lights on the tree, lights on the home, other decorations needing power... the list can expand quickly. Usually, these items end up plugged into an extension cord, and sometimes the extension cords end up plugged into other extension cords!
All of these cords present a number of hazards - the Fire and Smoke Damage experts of SERVPRO of North Richland & Ashland Counties want everyone to have a happy and safe holiday season, so we are offering these safety tips related to extension cords.
- Inspect all cords for damage prior to use. Cords that have exposed wires, frayed or cut insulation, cracked sockets or loose (or missing) prongs should not be used.
- Ensure the cords are designed and rated for the intended use and power load. Indoor/outdoor use, gauge of the cord, gauge of the items plugged into the cord and load through the cord should all be considered.
- Stop using any extension cord that feels hot to the touch - the danger presented by a hot cord is very real. Unplug any hot cord immediately.
- Avoid pinching cords under doors, windows or heavy furniture. Extension cords are easily compromised if the insulation around the wires in the cord gets damaged.
- Extension cords pose a tripping hazard. Keep them out of walkways, doorways or any high traffic area.
- Do not run extension cords through walls, ceilings or under rugs. This may cause the cord to overheat.
- Extension cords should be a temporary solution - if you are using them year round, you should consider upgrading your electrical system in your home.
Here at SERVPRO of North Richland & Ashland Counties, we use extension cords nearly every week. Safely using them is something we train on regularly, and being aware of potential hazards is always on our mind. Keep the safety tips above in mind this holiday season and you should enjoy all of the festive decorations you desire.
Choose SERVPRO To Make Summer Storm Damage "Like It never even happened."
Storm and flood damage can be devastating. Immediate action is needed, and you need the company with storm damage experience. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the expertise and the resources to handle any size disaster and can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today 1-800-SERVPRO
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals
Why Choose a SERVPRO Franchise Professional?
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are dedicated to responding immediately to water and storm damage emergencies. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
They're Highly Trained Water Damage Specialists
They specialize in water and storm damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have extensive water damage restoration training that enables them to get you back to normal.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
They Have the Resources to Handle Storms and Disasters
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have a national network of over 1,700 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Team strategically located throughout the country.
Regardless of the Storm Damage, They Can Help
Storms occur with little warning and can be especially devastating, so you'll need the company that you can trust to rise to the occasion. Regardless of the type of storm, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can handle any size disaster. During catastrophic storms and major events, our Disaster Recovery Team can respond quickly with additional resources.
- Flooding caused by heavy rains
- Hurricanes and tidal surges
- Tornadoes and wind damage
- Ice and snowstorms
- Wild fires